Our Purpose is to:
- connect and empower youth to discover and pursue what they truly love to do,
- so they have a reason to "say no" to alcohol and drugs' artificial high
- rather than "say no," they will say, "I know!"
Lifeways provides alcohol and drug prevention, intervention and outpatient counseling services in Rapid City and Custer middle and high schools.
We reach out to the community to:
- create a positive and healthy environment in which to raise children and teenagers
- work with youth in order to greatly improve their lives: Healthy, Happy, Productive!
More About Us
The Lifeways Board Of Directors is a ten-member board with a diverse background in business, law enforcement, education, juvenile justice and students.
- Lifeways believes in the value of youth voices being included in our work.
- We have three youth board positions on our Board of Directors; Youth and Adults working shoulder to shoulder.
- Authentically engaging young people is the heartbeat of Lifeways' work in the schools and community outreach.
Competence, Integrity, Innovation, Communication, Teamwork
"Walking with Youth to Live Safe, Drug Free and Healthy Lives."
"Youth and Families: Accepted, Inspired, Healthy."
Lifeways Board of Directors and Staff
Core Board Members: Sandy Klarenbeek, Chair; Paula Wilkinson Smith, Secretary; Jim Webster; Carol Nielsen; Officer Tim Doyle
Advisory: Lori Rainwater
Lifeways Staff: Danielle Meyer, Paula Long Fox, Kelsey Hansen, Michelle Mott, Michelle Ames, Luke Wenker, Kristina Benter, Michele Brink-Gluhosky, Shaunna Ladd
"It is in the shelter of each other that the people live." Old Irish Proverb