Youth and Families: Accepted, Inspired, Healthy!
In order to achieve our Vision,
Lifeways works to:
• Strengthen alcohol and drug prevention programming in schools through education, intervention, support, and collaboration with the community.
• Model programming that incorporates life skills, interactive delivery, intensive participation, and strong implementation to prevent and reduce substance use/abuse.
• Provide consistent and reinforced positive messages that promote long term change.
• Set high expectations that convey respect, provide guidance, and build on the strengths of each person.
• Offer opportunities for participation, contribution, real decision making, and critical thinking skills designed to teach survival tools.
• Totally Student Oriented!
The “Circle of Courage”
The medicine wheel has four areas:
Belonging – meaningful interaction in a culture of caring and connectedness.
Mastery – guiding youth to discover their own sense of purpose and competence; and control over self and environment.
Independence – encourage youth to make healthy decisions, solve problems, and show personal responsibility.
Generosity – sense of caring, empathy and altruism; acceptance of responsibility for the welfare of others.
These are essential needs for youth--to increase their ability to be successful in school, stay drug free, and to live balanced lives.
Tour through our pages and get to know what Lifeways is all about!
If you would like to donate to Lifeways, we are set up to take online donations. Just click the link below.
Once you get there you can also share that link with your facebook page.
Phone: (605) 716-6555
Address: 1010 9th Street, Suite 2
Rapid City, SD 57701
Fax: (605) 716-6557
Go to Lifeways Facebook Page
Lightbulb image provided by <A HREF="http://www.keithv.com=">Keith Vertanen</A>
May 20, 2011