Our Purpose is to:
- connect and empower youth to discover and pursue what they truly love to do,
- so they have a reason to "say no" to alcohol and drugs' artificial high
- rather than "say no," they will say, "I know!"
Lifeways provides alcohol and drug prevention, intervention and outpatient counseling services in Rapid City and Custer middle and high schools.
We reach out to the community to:
- create a positive and healthy environment in which to raise children and teenagers
- work with youth in order to greatly improve their lives: Healthy, Happy, Productive!
More About Us
The Lifeways Board Of Directors is a ten-member board
with a diverse background in business, law enforcement, education,
juvenile justice and students.
- Lifeways believes in the value of youth voices being included in our work.
- We have three youth board positions on our Board of Directors; Youth and Adults working shoulder to shoulder.
- Authentically engaging young people is the heartbeat of Lifeways' work in the schools and community outreach.
Competence, Integrity, Innovation, Communication, Teamwork
"Building Bridges with Youth to Live Safe, Drug Free and Healthy Lives."
"Youth and Families: Accepted, Inspired, Healthy."
Lifeways Board of Directors and Staff
Board Members: Sandy
Klarenbeek, Chair; Pamela Chapman Holloway, Co-Chair; Cheryl Chapman,
Treasurer; Paula Wilkinson Smith, Secretary; Eldene Henderson; Officer
Tim Doyle; Khahill Ford, Central High School; Brittany Foelling - Rapid City High School; Shannon Nesland - Stevens High School;
Lifeways Staff: Danielle Meyer, Paula Long Fox, Chelle Sorensen Schefcik, Kelsey Hansen, Michelle Mott, Michelle Ames, Luke Wenker, Rebecca Andrew, DeVee Zuniga
"It is in the shelter of each other that the people live." Old Irish Proverb