We exist to:
- connect and empower youth to discover and pursue what they truly love to do,
- so they have a reason to "say no" to alcohol and drugs' artifical high.
- rather than "say no" they will say "I know!"
Lifeways provides alcohol and drug prevention, intervention and outpatient counseling services in Rapid City, Hill City and Custer middle and high schools.
We reach out to the community to:
- create a positive and healthy environment to raise children and teenagers,
- work with youth in order to greatly improve their lives: Healthy, Happy, Productive!
RETHINK ONE OF THE GREATEST PUBLIC HEALTH CHALLENGES OF OUR TIME
- Nine out of 10 people who are addicted became addicted before the age of 18
- Cost of drug abuse exceeds $400 Billion dollars per year
- Every day drugs kill 365 Americans
How can you help?
You can help in several ways:
- Financial donations
- Volunteering to help with an event
- Offering to provide snacks, program materials or
- Joining our Lifeways Community Coalition
More About Us
The Lifeways Board Of Directors is a ten-member board
with a diverse background in business, law enforcement, education,
juvenile justice and students.
- Lifeways believes in the value of youth voices being included in our work.
- We have three youth board positions on our Board of Directors; Youth and Adults working shoulder to shoulder.
- Authenically engaging young people is the heart beat of Lifeways' work in the schools and community outreach.
Board Members: Sandy
Klarenbeek, Chair; Pamela Chapman Holloway, Co-Chair; Cheryl Chapman,
Treasurer; Paula Wilkinson Smith, Secretary; Eldene Henderson; Officer
Tim Doyle; Larry Luitjens; Jason Samuelson; Morgan Pataski; and Sara Glanzer Lifeways Staff: David Herrick, Maggie Kuuissto, Danielle Meyer, Paula Long Fox, Chelle Sorensen Schefcik, Crystal Mulloy, De Glassgow, Bob Burke, Rebecca Andrew, Kelsey Hansen, Michelle Mott, Michelle Ames, DeVee Zuniga
Competence, Integrity, Innovative, Communication, Teamwork
"Building Bridges with Youth the Live Safe, Drug Free and Healthy Lives."
"Youth and Families: Accepted, Inspired, Healthy."